Dialectic is the journal of the University of York Philosophy Society.
We are now accepting papers for our Autumn 2020 issue. Papers can be on whatever philosophical subject you wish, suitable for an undergraduate audience.
- To submit your paper, email email@example.com
- See our Submission Guidelines
- Deadline: Tuesday 29th September (before 23:59 GMT)
- Submissions should be between 1,500 and 2500 words. This includes footnotes but excludes bibliography. Footnotes should be kept to a minimum.
- Submissions should be word-processed with double spacing. The font should be Calibri with font size of 12 pt.
- When writing your submission, try to adhere to the Dialectic House Style.
- Ensure a full bibliography at the end of your submission. The Harvard style of referencing should be used.
- We do not accept PDF files for editing reasons.
Papers that are relevant to the journal are selected and reviewed by an Editorial Team. Submissions are read blindly, and refereed anonymously.
When you email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org please ensure that no identifying information is present in the content of the paper.
If reference is made to the author’s previous work in the text, please formulate sentences along the lines “Previously I have discussed that… (SELF-CITATION).” The proper referencing will be put in place if the article is accepted for the journal. However, alongside international preferences and in accordance with other professional journals, it is preferred that the personal pronouns “I” and “we” are not used, although this is not mandatory.
However, please include the following in the body of the email:
- Your name
- Any institutional affiliations (the university you are from) and your year of study
- The title of your paper
- An email address we’d be best using to contact you (if it differs from the one used to send it)
- Optional: a statement declaring that you are happy for a specific email address or Twitter handle to be published alongside the paper to allow direct correspondence with readers. We will only publish them if you explicitly consent to this.
Authors retain copyright, but give their consent to Dialectic to publish their work.
Many thanks from the editing team!
Please see our Review Process page for more information.