- Submissions should be between 1,500 and 2500 words. This includes footnotes but excludes bibliography. Footnotes should be kept to a minimum.
- Submissions should be word-processed with double spacing. The font should be Calibri with font size of 12 pt.
- When writing your submission, try to adhere to the Dialectic House Style.
Ensure a full bibliography at the end of your submission. The Harvard style of referencing should be used.
- Please remember to add your name, any institutional affiliations (the university you are from), and an email address for us to contact you.
- You may also specify an email address (or Twitter handle) that you are happy to be published with the paper, to allow direct correspondence with readers.
Authors retain copyright, but give their consent to Dialectic to publish their work.
Dialectic – House Style
Please see the Dialectic House Style guide.
Generally, Dialectic uses the University of Oxford 2014 Style Guide as a reference. Some are Dialectic’s own rules. Often, guidance is taken from The Cambridge Handbook for Editors, Authors and Publishers (1975) by Judith Butcher.